The BIG Assist programme has now ended.
BIG Assist was a pilot programme delivered by NCVO under contract to the BIG Lottery Fund offering support to infrastructure organisations in the voluntary sector, helping them to adapt and change to meet a challenging environment.
BIG Assist was delivered between 2012 and 2016; during this time support was extensive:
- 846 vouchers worth £3,545,950 were issued enabling organisations to have a greater strategic direction and explore new and better ways of working.
- 639 organisations took part in our peer-to-peer visit programme.
We’d like to thank everyone who participated and contributed to the programme’s success.
The Institute for Volunteering Research have conducted an independent evaluation report, Aiding Organisation Change, and OPM have produced a final report, Evaluation of the Assist Investment in National Infrastructure Programme.
Other resources from the project, including case studies and how-to guides, can be found on NCVO’s Knowhow website.
NCVO also has a wealth of other information that you may find interesting; sign up for their email updates.
The BIG Assist on-line platform could be used as a cost effective way of distributing funding and enabling funded organisations to source professional help through a marketplace of specialist, trusted suppliers, rated by previous customers on the work they have done for the sector. If you are a funder and would like to explore how the BIG Assist on-line platform could be developed and adapted to suit your needs, do get in touch.
T: 020 7713 6161
What’s going on
- Presentations & speeches from our annual conference
- Sponsored Visit Scheme Now Closed
- Summary/Highlights from the online discussion - Is there still any need for local volunteering infrastructure?
- BIG Assist is now closed for vouchers
- Highlight of our live discussion on trustees
People and cultureFit for work - Are you ready
Financial sustainabilityTrading services in a market where the buyers have no cash
Strategy and changeLive discussion: Role of Trustees - Weds 25 Nov, 12.30-2pm
Marketing and relationshipsCompact Voice - case studies
InnovationLive discussion: Is there still any need for local volunteering infrastructure?
GeneralFunding for BIG Assist Visits now closed